I offer a consultation, assessment and intervention service on a range of areas including:
- Learning, attention & memory
- Social communication & language
- Managing behaviour that is distressing or challenging
- Anxiety & low mood
- Bereavement, loss and & transition to a new country
What interventions do I offer?
Interventions may be recommended following formulation, once perspective on the presenting concerns is gained. I offer a number of interventions for:
Therapeutic based 1-1 sessions drawing upon a range of therapy models including; cognitive behaviour therapy, narrative therapy, solution focused principles and mindfulness.
Family sessions based on principles from solution-focused therapy, systemic therapy and mentalisation to improve family relationships and resilience.
Video Interaction Guidance in improving communication and functioning in a parent-child relationship.
Consultancy sessions for families with fostered/adopted children.
Typically, my service will involve:
- Initial consultationto explore the areas of concern;
- Consultation with others such as school teachers or/and other professionals if appropriate;
- Direct assessmentwith a child/young person;
- Feedback consultation where joint action planning is agreed;
- Further Intervention – family consultancy sessions, direct therapeutic work with a child or young person or/and further school consultation to support implementation of strategies.